Pasadena, CA, United States
LUX Energy was founded with the belief that every human on Earth have access to clean, renewable energy. LUX Energy is focused on eliminating the technology gap. It should not matter where someone is born and raised.
The embedded software team is responsible for architecting, developing and verifying firmware for LUX Energy products. The team works closely with electrical engineers, software engineers and customers across the company to deliver high quality products on a rapid development schedule. Successful applicants will take responsibility for the development, testing and deployment of production ready energy systems as part of a close-knit team of exceptional software engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math or science discipline
- 2+ years of experience writing embedded software in C, C++ or a similar language
Preferred Skills And Experience
- 2+ years developing software for the ARM Cortex family or a similar microarchitecture
- Working knowledge of hardware level software development, including the use of timers, interrupts, hardware peripherals such as SPI controllers and ADCs, bootloaders and debug tools
- Experience programming and testing high reliability, safety critical, and fault tolerant systems
- Hardware debug experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer (SPI, CAN, Ethernet or similar)
- Familiar with common electronic components and comfortable reading circuit design schematics and contributing to hardware design discussions
- Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals, including schedulers, network stack, file system, memory management
- Experience with defensive programming, continuous testing and similar high-reliability software development strategies
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
If you are aligned with the vision and mission of LUX Energy, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LUX Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with LUX Energy is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.