1. 1% for the Planet: Each year, LUX shall contribute one percent (1%) of its annual net revenue to nonprofit charitable organizations that promote environmental conservation and sustainability, as more fully described below. Contributions shall consist of cash, products and services, and LUX’s expenses associated with administering its Environmental Grants Department, valued at LUX’s cost. For purposes of this specific public benefit purpose, “net revenue” means LUX’s total sales of goods and services and revenues from other operations, less returns, discounts and allowances:
2. Build the best products and cause no unnecessary harm to the planet or its inhabitants; the drive to zero footprint: We as humanity need to maintain a respectful and mutually beneficial relationship with the Earth’s natural ecosystems; which means, with little to no impact on Earth’s natural ecosystems via air, water, soil, sound and light pollution, and the over-exploitation of earth, plant and animal resources. As prescribed in LUX’s mission statement, as set forth in LUX’s articles of incorporation and incorporated herein by reference, LUX will strive to build the best products and cause no unnecessary harm to the planet or its inhabitants by: (i) designing and fabricating the highest quality products as defined by reliability/durability, multi-functionalism and non-obsolescence; (ii) designing, engineering and producing/fabricating products that are easily repaired and made from materials that can be reused or recycled; (iii) designing and fabricating products with minimum impacts throughout the supply chain—including resource extraction, manufacturing and transportation—on water use, water quality, energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, chemical use, toxicity and waste; and (iv) partnering with customers to take mutual responsibility for the life cycle of products, including repair, reuse and recycling.
3. Conduct Operations Causing No Unnecessary Harm: As prescribed in LUX’s mission statement, LUX will conduct its operations causing no unnecessary harm by continually seeking to reduce the environmental footprint and impact of its operations in water use, water quality, energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, chemical use, toxicity and waste.
4. Sharing Best Practices with Other Companies: As prescribed in LUX’s mission statement “to use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis,” LUX may share proprietary information and best practices with other businesses, including direct competitors, when the board of directors of LUX (the “board”) determines that doing so may produce a material positive impact on the environment.
5. Transparency: LUX will endeavor to provide information through the website and print catalogs that describe the environmental impact of representative items across our different product lines based on the best science and data practicably available.
6. Providing a Supportive Work Environment: LUX will strive to provide a supportive work environment and high quality healthcare through measures, including but not limited to, providing subsidized childcare, and periodically allowing employees to take extended paid time off from work to volunteer with nonprofit charitable organizations in support of initiatives promoting environmental conservation and sustainability.